My heart is heavy right now; there have been so many deaths recently that it is hard to fathom. These are not all people that are personally close to me, but some are, and the rest have been close relatives of friends. The scary thing is that these people were not ‘old’, they hadn’t had the chance to live out their ‘best life’.
In my opinion, the saying ‘living our best life’ is used too flippantly, like it’s the easiest state of being to achieve. Are we really making the right choices in our life to move us towards our perfect day?
Some decisions we are not fortunate enough to make in life, we get dealt a hand and we must figure out the best way to play it. However, we do have many choices;
- Choices as to how we spend our time
- Choices to surround ourselves with people who serve us as opposed to deplete us.
- Choices of what to fuel our body with
- Choices to lead an active life or not
- Choices to be forgiving of others
- Choices to help those who are less fortunate than ourselves
- Choices to have a positive outlook
- Choices to chase our goals
- Choices to overcome our fears
- Choices to tell close ones that we love them
Given that we live where we do, we have even more choices than most, clean drinking water, fresh and accessible food, nature’s playground right on our doorstep.
Choose how you use your time wisely! Our time is not infinite, and it should be treated with respect.
There are 168 hours in a week and perhaps we spend roughly:
- 56 hours sleeping (hopefully)
- 40 hours of work
- 13 hours cooking/eating (even less if you meal prep)
- 7 hours grooming
- 12 hours taking care of life
That leaves 40 hours……a whole 40 hours!
What dreams are you chasing, what goals are you pursuing? The path may not be an easy one, but there’s always a path to follow.
Make good choices my friends!