We have implemented processes and procedures to ensure that we comply with government standards. There will be teething issues and things that we have to adjust as the week progresses so please bear with us and work with us to ensure we are compliant and can remain open to support everyone.
3 main points to REMEMBER:
- Please be on time.
- Classes are capped at 8 people, with no exceptions.
- Stay in your box while working out.
- Sanitize your hands and your equipment before and after the class.
Below are some of the guidelines we are following to keep you safe. Please take a moment to review:
- The gym will be divided, by tape, into 8 appropriately distanced (3m between participants) stations plus a walk path. Members must stay in their station. Members are encouraged to bring their own skipping rope, yoga mat (for floor activities) and a water bottle.
- Please arrive no earlier than 5-10 minutes before a class to avoid bottlenecks upon entering and exiting.
- Please place your extra belongings into a cubby.
- Please pick a station for your workout. The boxes will have either a rower or a bike; please try to rotate which you choose so that everyone has the opportunity to use the bike. I know you are all desperate to get back on it 😉
- Please do not bring any extra gear to the gym, keep it to a minimum and take everything home with you. We ask you to take water bottles home with you at the end of your session. Please collect any that are here before June 30th, 2020.
- Each station will have a sanitizer bottle and disinfectant to clean the equipment after each session.
- As much as we love to chat with you, please leave the gym as soon as possible after class to allow us to prepare for the next session.
- Please sign-up for classes using Zen Planner. We will not be permitting entry to anyone without a reservation. If you have any issues with signing up please email us at [email protected]
- Out of town drop-ins are not permitted at this time.
- Classes can be reserved 7 days in advance.
- Reservations will not be permitted within one hour of the class start time to allow us to organize equipment appropriately.
- Any class with zero participants 2 hours prior to the start time will be cancelled.
- Any 6am or 7.15am class with zero participants at 9pm the night prior will be cancelled.
- Please be respectful of your fellow members and cancel any reservation if you are unable to attend. This is imperative due to the smaller class sizes.
- There will be a $20 ‘no-show’ charge for reserved classes that are not attended.
- Please sanitize your hands upon entering and exiting the gym.
- There will be no chalk bucket at this time.
- We will not be sharing any equipment.
- Staff members have the right to refuse the entry if you are showing symptoms of the cold and flu.
- Staff members have the right to refuse entry if have not reserved your class time.
- We will provide natural ventilation by opening windows and doors wherever possible to increase airflow.
- Please wipe down the water cooler before and after use.
- We discourage the use of scents to avoid coughing and sneezing.
- We will review our policies as new announcements are made from the Government.
Entry Criteria (Facilities and Activities)
No entry to persons with any of the following:
- Tested positive for COVID-19 or COVID-19 antibodies and not had subsequent medical clearance to come out of isolation.
- Currently exhibiting a fever, or any other common symptoms of COVID-19.
- Currently in quarantine or isolation by the Canadian Government.
- Knowingly been recently (in the last 14 days) exposed to a person with COVID-19.
- All members will be required to sign a screening policy.
PPE & Cleaning
- Our facility has been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to re-opening.
- We will maintain a regular schedule for disinfection of all equipment, surfaces, and restrooms throughout the day.
- At the end of each workout session, we ask you to thoroughly wipe down and disinfect your designated workout area.
- We also encourage members to wipe down and disinfect their workout area prior to beginning a new workout session.
- We will allow adequate time after each class and before the next class to conduct disinfection as described above.
- We discourage the exchange of cash for any purpose. But if this is unavoidable, be sure to wash and sanitize hands well after each transaction. The use of credit/debit transactions is preferred.
Use of Personal Protective Equipment and Best Practices:
- Employees should arrive showered and wearing clean clothing and change clothes before leaving the facility each day.
- Hand washing with soap and warm water, for a minimum of 20 seconds will be required by employees between every class.
- It is not generally recommended to wear a mask while exercising.
Gym cleans will be undertaken daily and include cleaning:
- The full surface of all exercise equipment that is shared between users. This includes items that are cleaned by the member before/after each use and must include as much as of the surface of the item as is practically possible.
- Washrooms, toilets, and taps (including doors & any hard floor surfaces)
- All entrances, floors, and surfaces
- Staff undertaking deep cleans will be provided with adequate PPE (gloves and masks).
Record of cleaning – All deep cleans and spot cleans should be recorded (time & date and by whom).
Modification of Activities
- Certain classes may need to be modified if they fail to allow for proper distancing.
- Use of the pull up rig /bar will need to be limited.
Ask everyone to self-answer the following questions before you leave your home (If the response to any is “yes” you should not come to the facility!):
- Do you have any of the following symptoms: fever, cough or difficulty breathing?
- Have you travelled internationally within the last 14 days?
- Have you had close contact with a confirmed or probable COVID-19 case?
- Have you had close contact with a person that has been outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
Staff who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, who have returned from international travel in the last 14 days, or who have been in close contact with a case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days must stay home.
Liz is the designated person responsible to ensure public health guidelines are followed. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns regarding our procedures.
Email: [email protected]